 General / 27233
27232  |  27234
Subject:
Modulex bricks.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 22:46:25 GMT

One day when I was a kid my father brought back some Lego from his
workplace -- a printing shop. Turned out they had been using what I thought
of as "micro Lego" for a scheduling system, before the days of computers,
but once they got a computer they just tossed the lego. Any ways, he rescued
the stuff from the trash and I played with it for a while, but found it
rather awkward (hard to get pieces apart). Now, many years later, I was
cleaning out a closet and found that I still had it. Turns out it's a
moderate sized collection, but due to what they had been using it for, very
limited in size selection. Basically all I have is 2x2, 1x2 and 1x1 (tiny!)
bricks in various colors... all told there's over 1300 pieces.

I was fairly confused as to what it was -- some color bricks were marked
with microscopic "Lego" logos (yup, the whole word) while others just had a
big "M". But it was a weird tool for apparently pushing plastic tape over
large baseplates (for grids) that solved it, with the word "Modulex". That's
what brought me here. Anyone know anything else about it -- besides that it
was made in the early 60s for architectural purposes? Is it worth anything?

- Daniel