 General / 27140
Re: when we get old
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 00:58:04 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kai Brodersen writes:
I dont know if this applies to everyone but what will happen when you're 80
or 90 years old?  Will you still "play" with legos?

Personally, I don't "play with Legos", I "create with Lego". For me The act
of building something using my brain and my own two hands is the goal. Lego
is the medium throught which I express my creativity.

Will you still be able
to control your hands to snap the tiny building blocks together to construct
a decent model.  Will you leave your legos behind to your family or will you
be burried with them in a lego coffin?

I will most likely leave my Lego to my family. No sense in getting buried
with it. It would just rob somebody else of the opportunity to enjoy our
favorite toy.

Since most of you guys here are the
first "lego generation" what will happen when you grow old?  Will you move
on to HO or O scale trains?  Will you get tired of legos and throw them out
or pass them on to kids who will slime your Metroliner with droll and spit
or flush the classic space down the toilet?? :)) just the fact that you guys
are still playing with LEGOs amazes me as i almost threw out my legos during
the dark ages.

Who knows what the future will bring. Personally, I doubt I will ever stop
"playing with Legos". If history is any indication, every time I found an
another hobby, my interest in it would die sooner or later and I always come
back to Lego. No matter what, it always seems to be interesting and new. I
guess that speaks volumes about it`s versatility...

KZ