 General / 27126
Re: LoM 7317 Aero Tube Hangar REVIEW!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.reviews, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 01:06:25 GMT

"Kevin McMillin" <mcmillins@prodigy.net> wrote in message
Well, my 7317 arrived yesterday; had it built by late last night, here • goes
my review:

There are 706 pieces, including:

16 3x1 Purple slopes,
5 Martians (Rigel, Cassiopeia, Arctures, Mizar and Vega)
3 Molded sleds (2 black, 1 glow-in-the-dark) for tube travel,
2 Small Radar Dishes in new green (viridigris, whatever),
Too many click-hinges to count,
6 Tubes
18 Support 2x2x5 Stanchion Inclined in dk. grey(LDRAW part 4476)
1 Volcano-shaped orange biodium brick

How soon can you get a few pictures of this set up?

The tubes work amazingly well; I thought they wouldn't work.
The pump can vacuum or push out.
Nice, large set, but base is very unsturdy,

How powerful is the force applied to the sleds in the tubes?  Can the
transport modules for them transport just a small amount or can you have
cargo as well?

Overall, 8.9

I could publish a more detailed review, but then I'd be wasting your time • by
making you read what you don't care about.

Any questions, reply, and I'll try to re-reply (great word, isn't it?)

I think you mean answer by replying.  ;-)

I'm pretty sure people would like a more detailed review of the set.
Pictures would be great!!  I'm wondering what other uses can be found for
the tube system, it sounds like a lot of fun anyway.

Also, if I read that picture of the set right, there is a switchbox/junction
piece for the tubes?  Would be interesting to see what motorizing it would
do, with mindstorms, motors/gears, or pneumatics.

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde