 General / 26946
Re: Help me!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 04:16:27 GMT

In lugnet.general, Nick Cameron writes:
This may be the wrong newsgroup, but I keep losing my lugnet cookie and have to
sign on again! Why does it do this? I think it may have something to do with
microsoft internet explorer... Has anyone else has this problem? Please help
before I have to sign on AGAIN!

Nick D^:

Well when I click sign in, I get taken to a page where there are three
different options I can choose.  I can either log in until I shut down my
browser, log in until I log out manually, or log out after a given amount of
time.  I'm guessing you chose the first option (which only saves a temporary
cookie to your hard drive that is deleted after you shut down your browser).
The other two saves a cookie to your hard drive that either expires after a
given amount of time or stays there until you log out.  So try using the
last two.  You should also check in Tools>Internet Options... and then go to
your security settings, click custom and then scroll down until you see your
cookie settings.  Then turn them on or prompt for them.  (If you need more
complicated instructions, just reply.)  Hope this helps.

-Nick