 General / 26936
Re: New LEGO Van (real)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 17:37:46 GMT

i think they are actually offering the interior.
From what I have read, no one company has picked it up yet.  So they are
just showing it in an SUV as an example.  It could be put in a van, SUV,
minivan, stationwagon, etc.

"Adrian Drake" <tremor@apk.net> wrote in message
Looks more like an Expedition to me.  I'd think they'd go for the larger
vehicle to have more space for their toys.

Adrian
--
www.brickfrenzy.com

In lugnet.general, Gary E. Blessing writes:
It looks like a ford explorer to me.
Gary

Mark Sandlin <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote in message
When I posted the link to the associated article last week, I thought • the
thing was, well, a VAN.

That's a Ford Exhibitionist or similar Sport fUtility Vehicle.

Odd that they should call it a van.

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego

in article G7JxuC.2r6@lugnet.com, J.W.Hummer wrote:

http://detnews.com/pix/galleries/autos/exotica/legovan.jpg

Click the link above to see it and the description is below

Johnson Controls Inc displays its Lego InMotion van designed by JCI • senior
designer Lance Larsen. Johnson Controls showed the vehicle only to • the
press
because they about how to keep the kids out of it. InMotion looks • like a
child's toy come to life. Its cupholders are patterned after the • chunky
yellow "hands" on the tiny Lego action figures. The second-row seats • have
swiveling tray tables made out of the gray bases that kids use to • build
Lego
buildings and cities. Even the caps on the tire valve stems are made • out
of
Lego blocks. There is a rear-seat entertainment system with a • removable
DVD
with a Go Pad, a hand-held device that can control the DVD player, • provide
Internet access and display images from a digital camera. There is an
intercom system that makes it easier for front passengers to talk to • rear
passengers via microphones and the vehicle's audio system. Also, this • is
one
of the first concepts to come with a paper-towel dispenser.

This was shown at the Detroit 2001Autoshow

-Jeremy