 General / 26922
Re: Not at all a pact with the devil...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 07:31:56 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message
news:G7JoKH.609@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.lego.direct, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Todd Lehman writes:
Jake McKee writes:
Regardless of your feelings for or against MS, they *are not* the • source
of all evil in the universe.
Just the software industry...      ;-)
I don't see this comment as useful in the context of this particular
discussion, even with the smiley. It shows your strong anti MS bias • which I
feel you need to make sure you are not letting color you when you act in
an official LUGNet capacity. IMHO.

Clearly it was meant jocosely.

PMI, but what's 'jocosely' mean?

*wonders if this should stay here or go to o-t.fun ...*

That bias already leaks through in your technology decisions as it is.

I should hope so.

I'm not sure what you meant to say here?  Bias??  To whom is Larry talking?
Larry or Jake??  Taken as is I'd have thought Todd was responding to Larry's
criticism of Jake, but what he said doesn't seem to make sense if he's
talking to Larry.

This thread seems like an excellent point of discussion for replied text
that gets broken because it gets carted across newsgroups and doesn't
follow-up to the original group.  I'm confused - anyone want to explain?

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde