 General / 26640
Re: Natural History Museum
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build, lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 04:27:19 GMT

Thanks Bryce,

I'm debating whether to enhance it and add more buildings, or scrap it and
build something completely new.

Decisions, decisions....

The problem is that I always want my best parts for the next building!

Bryce McGlone <bmcglone@ditim.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Brad Hamilton writes:
This is a large natural history museum I built with exhibits pertaining • to a
wide variety of themes, especially various adventurers sub-themes.  It
contains a highly detailed interior.

The master directory is here:

The exterior shots can be found here:

The architecture is a wierd combination of Paradisa, Bellville, and
downright strange.  I was influenced by both Baroque and Gothic
architecture.

The interior shots can be found here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=2792&action=upload

This shot shows a view of the main tower:

Upon entering, the visitor enters the Dinasaur exhibit. Here, various
dinausaur models can be viewed.  Note the air conditioning inlets above • the
door.  Also, note the intricate arch work on the ceilling:

In the east wing, also on the ground floor, the visitor enters the arctic
exhibit.  Here, one can view examples of Polar wildlife as well as see • how
the arctic is explored with special vehicles:

The west wing sports the minerals and gems exhibit.  This exhibit even
includes rocks from outer space:

On the second floor, the visitor can get a first hand look at life under • the
sea.  The museum supports a well stocked aquarium with several tanks,
including one large one in the center of the exhibit that stretches clear • to
the ceiling:

The third floor features the art and architecture of ancient Egypt:

At the top of the building is the Paradisa Cafe where visitors can rest • up
after a hard day of investigating the museum:
Brad,
Great pictures! However pictures will never do this building justice. It
just has so many details. Thanks for letting me see it IRL. Almost makes • me
want to make a building...I said almost. I'm still stuck in Mecha land %)
Great work.
Bryce