 General / 2659
Re: SLIZERS made in Switzerland
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 15:37:36 GMT

Carbon 60 wrote in message <36C623FD.60C3648E@bigfoot.com>...
SLIZERS (Throwbots in the US) have made it my town in the UK, I noticed
however that they are all made in Switzerland not Denmark, I suppose
Denmark may be being freed up to make Star Wars sets, I noticed 2854 was
made in Switzerland in 1998.  I know Switzerland factory has been around
for ages but I think if TLG expand because of Star Wars it could be used
a lot more than just bricks and a few promo sets like 2854.

I'm not fully informed, but some years ago I recall reading somewhere that
many Technic parts are produced in Switzerland because they need extra
accuracy. (Sounds like a joke put like this, but it wasn't). Meanwhile other
facilities may have picked up Technic production as well, but from this
perspective it's hardly surprising that Slizers are manufactured in
Switzerland.

Eric Brok