 General / 26576
Re: How does TLC come up with the pcs count ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 01:33:48 GMT

I have never got a small set that has not had a few extra parts in it.  I
just got some of the paridsa moterboats off a guy from ebay, and I was very
happy with the extra pink plates that were in every box.  Thats one of the
things I love about small sets, you get extra parts.

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:
Ray Sanders wrote:

Just came across a 1271 Jungle Surprise. Being a small set, i did a quick
inventory. Box says 24 pcs, I came up with 30 (not counting the box or the
instructions). That number was counting the minifig head, torso and legs as one
piece (not three). I counted the minifig accys (rifle, hat, backpack, map) as
seperate pieces.

How do they come up with these piece counts ?

Hmm, that's a good question. I just looked at mine, which doesn't have
the minifig, equipment, or snake nearby. Just the little treasure hiding
place is 24 pcs. Sometimes an undercount can be related to the "free"
1x1 round plates or other "extras" (they shouldn't contribute to the
piece count).

Frank