 General / 26448
  Old bricks question?

In a recent Ebay haul of miscellaneous bricks I acquired a handful or two of what look like rather old bricks and a few plates. Most are white 2x4 bricks, with a few reds thrown in, as well as some 1x2 white bricks and 2x8 white plates. The plates (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Old bricks question?

(...) If the pieces are slightly warped, then it is Cellulose Acetate. Dave I assume this LEGO is from the USA. If so then it is circa 1961-67. If it is European LEGO, it could be 1958-63 (they went to ABS plastic earlier than the USA/Canada). They (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Old bricks question?

(...) They were random bricks from a hodgepodge, so I'm not sure. Since the seller didn't mention any European content, I'll err on the side of domestic LEGO. There's very little warping per se, but the bricks don't snap together with the same vigor (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)