 General / 26396
Re: Microsoft and LEGO Company Announce a Shared Dream
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 20:17:00 GMT

I think I agree with Todd Lehman, TLG doesn't need to join the "Microsoft
Collective".

I agree, too.  Looks like it's too late.  Maybe all the Luke Skywalker minifigs
can sway TLG from the Dark Side.

Having in mind that 2001 is actually the year when the Imperial Army invades
the LEGO Star Wars Line, I think that LEGO might loose this battle.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mindstorms would take control about LEGO Media so
that all LEGO software products would actually become Microsoft ones. Let's
hope Microsoft knows what a LEGO brick looks like!!!

On the other hand, if Microsoft may release a new RCX software that allows
you to use RCXs commucating with each other using MS IE now, that would be
cool! Imagine every infrared transmitter (at least the 2.0 ones maybe)
globally will have it's own identity code. That way you could be playing
with your robots at home and whenever a sensor is being activated, your PC
automatically sends an Email to another RCX far away or asks another RCX to
activate it's motros and camera. Let's just hope the result will impress us,
not depress us!

Bye, Christian --- xTI@N.
Lugnet Member #479 -- The World is full of AFOLs !
mail: xtian@brickmaster.de web: www.brickmaster.de