 General / 26364
  Re: Remaining parts

(...) That isn't 100% true. The pieces most often duplicated are the very small pieces. Usually an extra one of these is included because one of the quality controls on the sets is the weight of each parts bag. I assume the smallest pieces are too (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Remaining parts

- SNIP - (...) I'm not sure how this would explain kits whose bags are mixed pieces as almost all are. The scale may indicate that a piece is missing but clearly could not indicate which piece. Am I missing something? - Jeff (23 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Remaining parts

(...) Yes. The thing you're missing is that pieces rarely are missing. The scale is there as a check. Further, the bag is weighed after every insertion step, or so the stuff we've read seems to imply. As soon as a problem is noted, it's time to (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Remaining parts

(...) <SNIP> (...) WOW Frank! That was rather.... long winded. What's scarier? I followed most of it, from my University imposed, very brief exposure to statistics. Ewe... I think I actually learned something there! Matt (23 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Remaining parts

(...) I had a relatively brief exposure to statistics, but have picked up bits here and there. I actually got keyed into the theory which is the foundation of the extra parts during a job interview. Yes, I actually learned something at a job (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Remaining parts

(...) I actually left out some other possibilities for small error. The weight of the bag itself is certainly an opportunity for error. Another opportunity of course is if any foreign material or scrap gets into a bag or on the scale. Of course this (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)