 General / 25887
    New Roborider, Lego racers found —Jonathan Lill
   I was at Walmart this weekend as part of my post-holiday trolling, looking for all those odd sets that pop up on the shelves when everything new is sold out and I found the new Roborider boss, #8516 and one of the new racer sets, I forget which one (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

        Re: New Roborider, Lego racers found —Andrew Eade
     I wentlooking last night at Walmart durring restocking. I didn't See much of anything On teh shelves at all, But then, I read a tag: "Millenium Roborider: $19.78" Cananyone else confirm this? Are they billing The boss as a Millunium Roborider here (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

         Re: New Roborider, Lego racers found —Jonathan Wilson
      (...) I own one and I can say that it is well worth what I paid for it here in australia. It has some really neat parts if nothing else. (23 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

         Re: New Roborider, Lego racers found —Fredrik Glöckner
     (...) I like the dark grey wheel hubs, but apart from that it didn't have that many interesting parts. If there are any of the specific parts included you need, or if you are a Slizer fan, I would suggest picking it up. Otherwise, I don't see that (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

         Re: New Roborider, Lego racers found —Jonathan Wilson
      (...) If you are a fan of orange its the only place to get some unusual parts in that color... (23 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

        Re: New Roborider, Lego racers found —Steve Bliss
     (...) I went and bought one, to check it out. Basically, the top surface of the chassis is the size of a 2x6 brick, with studs, except for the center 4 studs. The driver sits where those center studs would be. The top part of the racer is made of (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

         Re: New Roborider, Lego racers found —Jonathan Wilson
     (...) Are they system studs. duplo studs or what? (23 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

         Re: New Roborider, Lego racers found —Steve Bliss
     [dropped lugnet.technic] (...) They're System studs. So these Racers are pretty small, even for LEGO. The hood and trunk (bonnet and boot?) pieces are slightly shorter than a regular brick, the driver piece is about as high as 2 bricks. All three (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.general)

        Re: New Roborider, Lego racers found —Kenneth A. Drumm, Ph.D.
     Well as part of my "must get at least one of every Slizer" obsession :) I have gotten at least one of every roborider and I must say that my dad likes them better than me. Don't get me wrong because I am getting more to make all the comboriders. Its (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

        Re: New Roborider, Lego racers found —Andy Verner
   (...) The problem is that nobody working on the RoboRiders talks to anyone else working on the RoboRiders. What exactly ARE they? What's up with the dudes on the wheels? And who exactly do they fight? Nobody knows, as Lego can't make up its (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

        Re: New Roborider, Lego racers found —Ray Kremer
   (...) Agreed. The whole "virus on the web" thing on the web site doesn't really make sense. "Bikes with human brains" is passible, but there's no particular reason for it either. The dudes on the wheels is just to give us something else to buy again (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)