 General / 2580
Re: TLG investigation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 16:43:22 GMT

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999 20:31:15 GMT, "Jeroen Ottens" <ottens@get2net.dk>
wrote:

Hi everybody,

Hi, Jeroen!

My job is to design some of the new Lego Technic models. However I am also
involved in a group which is investigating the possibility of starting up
International Lego Clubs for Juniors and Adults.

Way cool.

What could Lego do to help you?

Umm, as has been frequently mentioned, bulk part orders would be great.

Would an official Lego certificate give extra value, even if it would mean
that you would loose some of your freedom (Lego has to protect his/her
image)?

Depends.  If part of the sign-up is that TLG has greater freedom to use
the ideas, concepts, models, etc. expressed by club members, without
fear of lawsuits, I'd be willing to sign up (my expectation is that
LegoLegal would draft specific guidelines about would could be used,
what couldn't be used, and what would require compensation to the club
member).

If the restraint was that I could no longer publish LDAO or author LDraw
part-files for L-CAD updates, then I would *not* sign up.

Steve