 General / 25442
Re: Bad Ebay Seller
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 19:01:29 GMT

In lugnet.general, Rose Regner writes:
Beware of the Ebay seller BAT-MAN DE, Thorsten.Linka@t-online.de, Thorsten
Linka of Hamburg, Germany.

I bought a 6399 from him. I emailed him before bidding and asked him if the
motor worked and if the set was complete. He emailed me back and stated that
it was complete and working.

I sent him travelers checks and then he told me his bank would not release
the money for two months. We argued over email, but he has 600 feedbacks
with only one negative at the time so I decided to just wait my time. He
finally sent the set, it is missing 115 parts including all the baseplates,
special parts and even some common bricks.

Reading the fraud section of Ebay they allow you to submit a fraud report
but only up to 60 days after the end of auction. I now know the real reason
for his delay and it makes me even more upset.

He sells Lego on Ebay regularly, especially train stuff. Do not buy from
him!!!!

I have sent him repeated emails and he refuses to answer any of them. If
anyone knows him and can help me out I would be very grateful. Eric and I
pride ourselves on our honesty and I find this very hard.

Rose

Rose,

I know you can't use the fraud report system, but I think that is oriented
around getting reimbursement from the ebay insurance.  There are other, more
generic reporting sections (like SafeHarbor) to report fraud that will at
least alert ebay to him.

Hope this helps,
Steve Martin
martinsa@mail.com