 General / 25166
25165  |  25167
Subject:
Man oh MAN! Why can't dreams be real??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 14:54:41 GMT

My latest dream:

I walk into a Target and naturally head towards the Lego aisle. Only thing
is, there isn't *a* Lego aisle. There are four of them. The first two had
all of the 2001 sets, ho hum, I was not interested in them, because I
happened to walk into the third aisle first. This is what I saw:
Over a dozen each of the following. (I actually counted them in my dream and
the number I reached was actually "over a dozen" :)
Wolfpack Renegades
Intercoastal Seaport
Launch and Load Seaport
Imperial Seaport
All 9v Trains
Black Monarch's Ghost
Black Knights' Castle
Almost every other early Town and late Castle set.
There were also a bunch of sets I had never seen before. Most of them were
Royal Knights, but I didn't pay too much attention to them as they were just
the king and some little structure or another. The ones I looked at were
these (And yes, these are the real names, or at least what I think I
remember the names to be):

Witch's Bat Cross Trap:
I don't know why it was called this because there wasn't a bat in it. But
the set was like this: Brown 1xN bricks made the outline of a corss that was
about 16x10. The interior of the cross was filled with two layers of red
plates to represent either wine or blood. I kinda think it was wine. Sitting
inside the wine was a skeleton, but to symbolize that it was stained with
the wine, it was red! Tres cool, but a fairly demonic set. Willa was also in
it..

Witch's Bat Attack:
Had a 4x6 green plate with some rocks and plants as well as Willa and a
skeleton (white this time). A bat was also included, but it was attatched to
the end of two black Star Wars Guns so you could move it around and make it
attack. Nothing much else.

Witch's Flaming Bat:
This was a grouping of rocks that formed a circle around a bunch of black
tiles and clips. Black short antennae were attatched to the clips in order
to represent fire (?). Included was Willa with a cauldron and a trans orange
bat that was supposed to be on fire.

The next aisle over had all of the Technic sets from the past two or three
years plus some of the Studios sets. The only notable Studio set was a
Jurassic Park set with a fence and both the T-rex foot and head. It had the
little electric land rovers too. The good stuff here was in the center of
the aisle on a table. Two new to me, but by the looks of it very old, sets:

Extreme Creatures Add On Set:
This was not Mindstorms at all. The front showed a giant bug made from
Expert Builder parts. It was blue and black and could light up and walk with
old style motors. The eyes were made of old Technic hubs with tires.

Micro Highway System:
Again, this was made of mostly Expert Builder stuff.There were a few towers
that lit up, but the main feature was a network of highways made of monorail
track. Microfig cars and trucks ran along them. Very, very cool idea.

When I looked around some more, I found a little back room where there was a
vending machine. It was supposedly a demo of the ones Lego would soon be
releasing. You pushed what piece you wanted and in what color. Since it was
a demo, it was free, but only three pieces and two colors could be chosen from:
Minifig push broom, 1x4x5 window frame, and bent nail (?) were the pieces.
The colors were blue and trans yellow, but Lego's official name for the
trans yellow was "Transparent Blonde."
The guy in front of me made a blue broom. I made a trans yellow bent nail...
The end of the dream had me walking out of the store without buying
anything. Bah!..