 General / 25044
Re: Massive Thought...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 15:55:34 GMT

Uh, I think it says that 3000 were *sold*....

Ya, but why haven't any more showed up?  I mean, I don't think they made more
than they had sold, given the time factor given (IIRC, the order time was like
2 months, rather than the normal 4-6 weeks).  Even if only 3k were sold, then
there were likely only 10k made, which is a very small run given the size of
lego (but not Sampsonite/Lego Canada)

As far as I have seen, I am the only owner on Lugnet (at least member) who has
the set.  The Canada Post vans are _far_ more common than the UNICEF van.  If
they had made more of them, one would expect that they would have showed up
elsewhere.  If there were spairs kicking around, I think someone would have
posted when they finally cleared Canada...some would have appeared on Ebay.

James