 General / 24987
Re: Which $20 LoM mech should I buy?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 11:38:26 GMT

Phoenix007 wrote:

I found that the TRU near me is carrying ALL of the LoM sets (save the big
one), and I today bought the red planet cruiser.  I'm going back this
weekend, and in the long run I only plan on buying 1 of the 2 $20 mechs in
the series for a few reasons.  I'm not a mecha builder, I usually just stick
to the design on the box (occasionally making a small alteration).  I'm
leaning SLIGHTLY towards the red one, but only slightly and I'd like to know
what others thought.

Well, they've both got good points.  The blue one is more modular - you can put

it together in a bunch of ways to make a couple of different mechs, or a flying

vehicle.  The red one basically looks like a mech no matter what you do to it.

On the other hand, the red one definitely has better articulation & posability.

The various 'arms' on the blue mech aither dangle down or are locked in place,
while the red one is far more posable in that regard.

I personally feel the red one is slightly better overall.