 General / 24610
Re: 1982 Wishbook Scan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 22:22:43 GMT

In lugnet.general, Maggie Cambron writes:
Remember the Sears Christmas catalog when you were a kid?  For some of
us who lived overseas, it was the big thing, especially as Christmas
approached.  Well I just found their 50th Anniversary edition in my
basement, and some of the LEGO they offered will bring back childhood
memories for some of you, and certainly make you drool.  (It turns out
Gary I. really did get a bargain finding those yellow castles for
$19.99!)   The first scan will take a long time to load, but I wanted to
be sure the fine print was readable.

<DROOL>

Well I was only 4 back then, so I don't recall this Wishbook.  But I *do*
remember looking forward to receiving the Sears Wishbooks.  In fact,
shouldn't the one for Christmas 2000 be arriving in the mail soon?!

Thanks for scanning these pages!  Reminds me of a few sets that I have from
back then (which I believe are better than today's sets, in general!).

Ahh, the childhood memories...

Bryan