 General / 24509
Re: Samsonite Parts Packs on EBAY
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 20:15:51 GMT

In the auction I can see 6 boxes for 48 part packs each. The seller have 23
for auction so maybe...................in the next days we will see more
litle boxes in auction and with better prices.

Sorry for ESC1 if that will happen.

Manuel

In lugnet.general, Gary Istok writes:
Last week someone was selling Samsonite Parts Packs from 1963-65 era on
EBAY.  There were 22 of them for sale individually, and I bid on one.
There were about 10 people that wanted an example of these, and I saw
people from Germany, UK, and Belgium bidding on them.  I was going to
bid on a few, but I really only needed that one, so I thought I would
let other folks get a chance at some.  I was away from my PC this
weekend, so I didn't check until this morning, when I noticed that one
person ESC1 bid up all 22 of these parts packs, some for the outrageous
price of nearly $50 each  (I buy these on sale for as little as $6 when
I get the chance).  Check it out:

http://search-completed.ebay.com/cgi-bin/texis/ebaycomplete/results.html?query=samsonite&srchdesc=y&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&ebaytag1=ebayreg&ht=1&maxRecordsPerPage=100&category2=1186

Does anyone know who ESC1 is?    He does appear to be rather selfish, by
not letting others have at least a few of these.  He outbid everyone on
all 22 of them.  Must have cost him about $1000.

Anyway, so that I don't get chided for bringing an off-topic LEGO item
to lugnet.general, check out a few of these parts packs (all Cellulose
Acetate) and checkout the Samsonite cardboard cases (pictured in the
EBAY item) that these came in back in the 1960's.  Very Interesting.

Gary Istok
(A not-so-sore loser, because misery loves company!)