 General / 24487
24486  |  24488
Subject:
Lego on the Radio
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 02:10:18 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I thought this was kind of odd. I have never heard of Lego doing this, but I
heard an ad for their Shell promos on the radio several times during the
past few days. The ad has some cheesey (1) sounding announcer talking about
how if you spend ten dollars or more at a participating Shell station, you
can get a Lego set for $1.49. Then he goes on to talk about how nice it will
be in the car without having to hear the kids ask "Are we there yet?" a
zillion times because they are preoccupied with Lego.

Greg "Cheese Danish Head" Majewski
http://www.geocities.com/citrusx__/q.html

1- I can't tell if the announcer is acting cheesey on purpose for a humorous
effect or if he's just bad. I am leaning towards the latter...