 General / 24276
24275  |  24277
Subject:
2x2 Brick Observations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 22:04:08 GMT

Hey Y'all:

I am looking at the most cheaply made Lego element I may have ever seen.  I
will try to describe it, but keep in mind I am no expert in some of the
terminology bandied about when it concerns this degree of particularity.

Anyway, the approximate description is as follows: the Lego logo appears on
all the studs, the brick seems lighter in weight than I am used to (or so I
think), the face is far less shiny than the average element, the part from
which this element was pulled from the injection molding tree was from the
top center (there is a slight ring indentation surrounding a small pit),
from below the tube is surronded by a sloped cross-hair like formation of
plastic supports, on three sides of the brick and on either side of these
sloped plastic tub supports are the numbers 33, 19, and a single 7.

Point being: this brick seems really cheaply made.  Is it authentic?  Are
there any known counterfeit Lego bricks (and by this I mean a product
imitating not only the form but trying to illegally use the branded name of
Lego)?  Or is it just an older design?

So far I have found only the one...

-- Richard