 General / 24231
Re: LEGO.com updated more!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 03:56:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bradley Dale writes:
The new story conest is, surprisingly, based on the discontinued Divers theme.
A few things wrong with this:

A) The Divers in the picture aren't doing anything out of the ordinary, its
about what you'd expect in a Divers scene and not all that fun to think about.
B) People who win are going to want the white sub and the sea animals, and I
don't think TLC actually makes it.

They actually made a set with all of the pieces in the picture.  I believe
it was a TRU exclusive.  It's here:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1782
The picture was lifted right off of the picture on the front of the box if
you look at it.  Last time I was at the Lego Store in Virginia (about 3
months ago I think) they had some of this set.
But to get back to the point of this thread, I don't really understand why
they would do it on the Divers theme.  I would have done it on one of next
year's themes to create a bit of hype to go with the release.  But that's
just me, I'm no high level executive of a toy company...

-Nick