 General / 24089
  Re: Concerns regarding Brick-o-Lizer™ User Agreement (was: Re: New stuff at shop.lego.com)

(...) My concern is that LEGO might try to argue that the final brick configuration from the dithering algorithm was part of the "new material" added by LEGO in connection with preparing the final product. (...) Could you then create your own LDraw (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Concerns regarding Brick-o-Lizer™ User Agreement (was: Re: New stuff at shop.lego.com)

(...) Hmm. I think it could be argued that the mosaic pattern is a reproduction of the original material, and so doesn't merit a new copyright. Just like reproducing a color picture in gray-scale halftone. Especially since the reproduction is a (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)