 General / 23972
23971  |  23973
Subject:
National Flags in Blue Tubs??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 14:48:05 GMT

G'day folks,

I was sorting out my first ever 3033 Blue Tub yesterday when I
noticed something cool.  One of the bags had Black, Red, and
Yellow bricks in it, and so reminded me of the German flag.
Then I looked at the other bags, and came up with:

Black/Red/Yellow
  Belgium
  Germany

Red/White
  Austria
  Canada
  Denmark
  Japan
  Switzerland
  Turkey

Blue/Yellow/Green (and a few red)
  Brazil

Blue/Yellow
  Sweden

Blue/White
  Finland

You get the idea.  I'm probably missing a bunch of countries,
just going from memory.  Also, all the bags have already been
opened and sorted, so I can't remember all of the colour
combos.  I've heard that TLC sorts the bags so that similar
parts aren't grouped together to make it easier to find
things when building.  But in this case similar pieces of
the same colour were in the same bag in order to keep with
the colour schemes.  I wonder if this was deliberate?

Hehe, it would make for an interesting way to refer to
production lines internally.  "We've got a process
control problem with the 'Brazilian' bagging machine...,
it keeps putting red pieces in the bag..."  :]

KDJ

Kyle D. Jackson, LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada