 General / 2387
    Re: This is why TLG lost money —Gary R. Istok
   I'm not sure what you mean by Freestyle containing "dopey" pieces? Freestyle is the mainstay of a lot of RTLers who refuse to pay exhorbitant prices for sets that contain very few bricks and a bunch of highly specialized pieces that have no/little (...) (26 years ago, 4-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: This is why TLG lost money —John VanZwieten
   Then why didn't my friend see the Freestyle sets and say, "Ah, that's what I was looking for"? Maybe because the models pictured on the set look like something that would interest a 3-4 year old. By "dopey" pieces I mean the patterns they slap all (...) (26 years ago, 4-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: This is why TLG lost money —Mike Stanley
     (...) (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: This is why TLG lost money —Gary R. Istok
   Well I can certainly agree with you in regards to the smiley faces and wheel assortment. And there are never enought windows in these sets (or for that matter in any LEGO set). And yes, I probably have about 50 pounds of useless pieces that I have (...) (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: This is why TLG lost money —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) One mans trash is another man's treasure. I bet an auction would fetch you some coin.... (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: This is why TLG lost money —Mike Stanley
   (...) Wow, 50 pounds of ABS better bring in SOME coin alright. It would have to be one heckuva coin to make the deal worthwhile. :) (26 years ago, 6-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)