 General / 23712
  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) I'm not sure that bulk or by-the-brick type purchasing will ever be that large a segment of the market. I strongly suspect that unless something happens to change our culture, that the in-store purchase of sets will be the the bulk of the (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) ^^^^^^^ (...) ^^^^^^ (...) Are you agreeing or disagreeing? I was making predictions about gross profits, not gross revenues. (...) Hasn't this already begun to happen? 5-10 years down the road is anyone's guess, and I'm not holding my breath (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Viability of Bulk sales (was Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?)

(...) <snip> (...) <snip yet more> I thought I'd throw some anecdotal data in: I called to place a large Lego order on Monday. About 18 different set #s. Almost all of the new Bulk packs, the train packs, and the castle expander pack were (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Viability of Bulk sales (was Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?)

(...) I would say that it only *appears* to be at glacial speed, because we don't see everything that's going into it. The sudden appearance of rarer colors in bulk pack ordering reflects what was probably an immediate move to follow on-line (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Viability of Bulk sales (was Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?)

(...) Nope. I have not ordered anything yet from the latest releases. Yet. ++Lar (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Viability of Bulk sales (was Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?)

(...) No one has been able to order the new bulk items and not have them backordered. I think it's because we aren't supposed to know about them yet. James James Brown's Parts Sale: (URL) parts, averaging $0.10 per piece. (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Viability of Bulk sales (was Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?)

(...) Then they shouldn't have sent out their holiday catalogs yet... Dave! (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) of (...) LEGO (...) are! True, many AFOLs are buying Lego on-line but they are probably a group well-suited to e-tailing. Why? AFOLs will usually know exactly what they want to buy -- they know they want Lego, they know they want certain (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

In lugnet.general, Kerry Raymond writes: (snip) (...) My first bulk purchase was in 1986 or so, and was from the UK. Sampsonite here had a crummy selection!. I got, IIRC, 25 quid worth of lego, including the (brand new) double acting pnumatics, and (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

Yep, my first bulk purchase was in the late 70s, so I was around 10 at the time. I still have a couple of accessory packs from that purchase, still unopened ;-) (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)