 General / 23210
    Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723) —John Matthews
   I am certain that the original designer of the Statue of Liberty understood that as copper ages it gains a patina. The patina actually helps to preserve the metal, and the color is quite remarkable. These are properties of copper that make it a (...) (24 years ago, 21-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723) —Erik Olson
     I know I am looking forward to the Liberty set more than any other expensive set I want. After the main model, it will be to work out some other copper or bronze monuments. And the roofs... Also "swimming pool color" places. (...) Modern times are (...) (24 years ago, 21-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723) —Geoffrey Hyde
    John Matthews <jmatthew@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:G2rGM7.JD7@lugnet.com... (...) understood (...) properties (...) How do you come to this conclusion? I'm not sure of the background of the designer, but I'm fairly certain that when (...) (24 years ago, 21-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723) —Christopher Lindsey
   (...) Why not? Copper was used architecturally much earlier than that late 19th century. I'm sure *someone* noticed that the stuff turned green over time. :) As far as who sculpted it, it was Frederic Bartholdi (a French sculptor) who supposedly (...) (24 years ago, 21-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723) —Rick Kujawa
     (...) Time for me to weigh-in on this one. I remember seeing a show about the building of the Statue Of Liberty and they did know about the copper turning green and they specifically designed it using copper so it would turn green. They mainly chose (...) (24 years ago, 21-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723) —Kevin Wilson
     (...) Verdigris here too. It's actually a common term at the moment because it's very "in" in home decorating and has been for several years. We just need to put it in the FAQ as another term which people may not know - after all, there are plenty (...) (24 years ago, 21-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723) —Erik Olson
   (...) Thanks for retrieving those details from the mint! If you want to see bronze in green, blue, black, brown, even blue, red and other wacky colors, take a look at some ancient coins. Surf ebay -- they have a burgeoning ancient coin section that (...) (24 years ago, 21-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

    Erik Olson <olsone@spamcop.net> wrote in message news:G2st8L.HGF@lugnet.com... (...) metals, (...) primary (...) done by (...) Oh well, I guess unless some pigeons want to contribute a lot of it, the statue won't be getting that kind of tint again. (...) (24 years ago, 22-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)