 General / 23152
  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

I like Gary's suggestion. "Antique" suggests the weathered copper, and eliminates the confusion by having the color "copper" in the description (ie "copper green") of a basically green element. "Sea green" is okay, too, but I think "antique green" (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) eliminates (...) green") of (...) green" is (...) that (...) color. (...) I've suggested "Liberty Green" before. It's both very easy to remember, and descriptive as well because it associates the colour with the set it first appeared in. (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) "Liberty Green" seems kinda US-centric to me. If this is the only set this color is used in, it won't matter, but if verdigris starts popping up in other themes, it would matter. Steve (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

Steve Bliss wrote: <snip> (...) Yeah, so what's your point? <g,d,r> -John (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) I'm Canadian, and I still think it's a good name. The statue that the model is made of is known around the world, (and wasn't it in fact built in France anyway?) It represents freedom, which we will have at least a little more of with the new (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) Well, since we are in picky word mode here, I thought I might point out the subtle, but important differences between liberty and freedom. Both quotes are taken from dictionary.com's definitions of liberty and freedom. (...) (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) I am against ANY name that ties a concept to a particular theme, or particular thing. This applies to color names and it applies to parts. I think it's regrettable that some of the LDraw part names for parts used in a number of themes have (...) (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)