 General / 22932
Re: Help ID strange piece
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 17:22:59 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Simmons writes:
Here's a strange one I haven't seen before.  I didn't even think it was Lego
until I saw the name on it.  It must be a fairly recent piece since the
injection mark is in the middle of the company name.

The main body of the piece comprises a 1x4 area that is about two plates
thick.  At one end is a three-finger hinge attachment point.   Just after
this, inside the main housing, there's an attachment hook for a spring or
rubber band.  The inside of the piece is hollow, allowing a small arm to
slide out.

The arm is at a 90 degree angle to the main body, and has an open,
oval-shaped hook at the end.  The hook design is too open to allow anything
to "snap" onto it.

This piece clearly looks like it belongs on a tow truck.  Can someone tell
me the set # it belongs to?  I want to know how it works so I can hopefully
replace the spring.

Thanks,

Dave

This sounds like the little red liftarm from set 6353, the Coast Guard
Cutter. I have a couple of these, and they *do* use a small rubber band,
though I haven't been able to figure out how to fix either of them (I can't
find the instructions to either set). I'm not sure if this was in any other
sets, though I imagine it would have to be on a truck somewhere.
Hmm... I guess I'm not of much help here. Anyone else know something about
these doohickies?

-Jeremiah-