 General / 22785
Re: Competition is getting rough
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 15:05:18 GMT

Eugene Ipavec wrote:

I don't know if this would interest anyone, but the Best-Lock website is
featuring a sort of expose of alleged evildoing on the behalf of LEGO.  It
claims that the idea for the brick was stolen from some Briton. Sour grapes or
something, I guess.

I don't think I've ever seen a company cast aspersions on the competition
through its own website like this, but then again I don't get around much.  Is
this sort of thing common?

Even if it were, it is still rather unsubtle and impolite.

Here's the URL:  http://www.best-lock.com/new/index.html

E. Ipavec

Okay, compensation not withstanding, so LEGO got their idea from somewhere else.
And where did Bestlock get their idea?

Captain Just Wondering

SteveC
http://www.widomaker.com/~litehous/Pirate/index.html