 General / 22745
  Re: Is LEGO killing off the very concept of a Theme?

If I may jump in here with a thought of my own... All of the new subthemes have too short a shelf life and try to throw too much in a single set ( who among us can afford ALL of the larger sets?) which seems to destroy the idea of LEGO building. The (...) (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is LEGO killing off the very concept of a Theme?

(...) Yes! I love the concept of making sets with li'l technic-pin connectors so you can buy a few of them and rearrange them into a larger, more varied castle, space base, pirate hideout, etc. etc. I wish they'd get back to this. (...) I don't mind (...) (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is LEGO killing off the very concept of a Theme?

(...) The worst subtheme for this is the new Race range. 5919 Turbo Tiger was designed to play with the 6602 Scorpion Buggy. 6602 Scorpion Buggy was designed to play with the 5919 Turbo Tiger. 6616 Rocket Dragster was designed to play with the 6714 (...) (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is LEGO killing off the very concept of a Theme?

(...) Hmmm...The Lego Village People, maybe? We have the parts available.... (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.general)