 General / 22607
Re: New Mania Mag - ICK!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 13:48:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, Nicholas Fezie writes:

Actually, I don't mind having ads in it.  I mean, you get a free year's
subscription even if you buy a $2.00 set (the Royal Knights Defense Archer
specifically) so they have to support it somehow.  And I thought of something,
LUGNET might be able to advertise in it or anyone who sells Lego.  That could
be interesting.  Just a thought.

-Nick

It's not really the kinda thing they need to support.  It's not like a normal
magazine, it's more like a pamphlet handout.  I actually liked the latest
mag...the feature story reminded me of those mags waaay back...how they used
to do feature stories.  However, they still made the section really short and
dry, and with dinosuars there is a lot to say.  Those old mags are really fun
for me to read, once in a while...anybody still have the first issue of Mania
Mag, with Islanders on the cover?  Or the Divers issue.  That was cool.  They
could have done something like those two did in a dino issue, well they sort
of did, but really poorly.  I don't look forward to it nearly as much as I
used to, they barely ever have coupons and the best section is the original
creations part (IMO).

--Josh