 General / 22596
Re: FTX / pages issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 01:30:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ross Crawford writes:
Hi, Todd.

Couldn't find any more relevant group, so posted here.

Got into making a lugnet page (~469), and came across a couple of things:

1. I can't seem to get the lists to work at all - numbers or bullets. The * or
+ just shows up as embedded text. I tried putting a forced CR on the line
above, but no difference. What am I doing wrong?

Bullet lists in FTX are a paragraph-based feature, which means they need to
be on their own paragraph, otherwise it just thinks they're part of the
paragraph they're embedded in.  So, just make sure there's a blank line
(i.e., paragraph break) before the first * line and after the last * line,
and you'll be all set.

2. Lists again - I tried putting a list in a table column, and it doesn't
display at all!

Examples are at /~469/projects/helicopter (.ftx)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sorry, I can't offer any tips on this one -- the FTX-to-HTML converter
doesn't yet handle nested paragraph types (i.e., lists within tables).  It's
on the to-do list.

--Todd