 General / 22162
Re: New LEGO Castle Promo sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.promo
Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 13:40:52 GMT

In lugnet.general, Christian Gemuenden writes:
http://members.tripod.de/crazymaniac/481X/4816.jpg
http://members.tripod.de/crazymaniac/481X/4817.jpg
http://members.tripod.de/crazymaniac/481X/4818.jpg
http://members.tripod.de/crazymaniac/481X/4819.jpg

The more I look at these sets individually, the more I'm tempted to get them
as soon as they are (*if* they are) released in the U.S. Obviously the main
attraction is the chrome piece in each set ('cept for 4816, but that has
Princess Storm which will surely be an attraction for many people). But note
how the sets are not just the minifig alone (I didn't realize that 'til I
clicked on each pic individually!); I can't say I'd be happy to get a horde of
dragons from 4818s, but OTOH the carraige set (4819) looks pretty neat - are
those SW engines that I see there?... <inspired>... and I don't mind getting a
few more KK knights, although I gotta say the Bull clones are seriously
getting on my nerves, and *fast*... ;-)

I think that if I do get them, it certainly won't be more than one of the
three "special chrome piece" sets (i.e. excluding 4816). I'm short on cash, so
basically the only thing rooting for these sets is a knight in shining armor
(who knows, maybe someone'll come and ride Scar off into the sunset <grin>)...

I wonder how long it'll be before people buy these just to sort and resell
in "bulk" (and I mean to resell all the pieces, not just the chrome parts).

-Shiri

FUT .castle