 General / 21944
21943  |  21945
Subject:
LOST FILM FESTIVAL 4.02 in New York Sept 18-20 (not off-topic i promise!!!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 21:27:19 GMT

Hey all-
Got this in my inbox the other day and finally read through it and
noticed something that may be of interest to some of you.  Scroll down
and read the 'NYC Premieres' to find it.

-chris

From: Scott Beibin <scottb@bloodlink.com>
To: Scottb@bloodlink.com
Subject: LOST FILM FESTIVAL 4.02 in New York Sept 18-20
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 15:11:09 -0400

September 10, 2000

LOST FILM FESTIVAL 4.02 & NY Independent Film Monitor Host "DV Punks
Gonna Git Yo' Mama!" - alternative screenings during IFFM, NYC.

Event coincides with "Digital Media Expo" at the Anthology Film
Archives, NYC

Philadelphia, P.A. -- Following a highly succesful outlaw Lost Film
Festival 4.0 in Philadelphia during the Republican National Convention
(with packed audience during JELLO BIAFRA's apearance), and Lost FF 4.01
in LA during the DNC (where Festival Director Scott Beibin was shot with
rubber bullets by the LAPD). The gang of Indie-Film mutineers are back
and ready to de-pants the industry. The Lost Film Festival has just
announced Lost FF 4.02 in New York City from Sept 18th-20th at the
Anthology Film Archives (32 E. 2nd Avenue). "We will be screening films
you won't see at the other festivals. This includes the NY premiere of
BREAKING THE SPELL-(dir Tim Lewis/Tim Ream) a masterpiece documentary
shot in the streets of Seattle during the WTO from a BLACK BLOC
perspective. We will also screen documentary footage of Police Brutality
censored from the news during this past summer's protests at the RNC and
DNC", says Bunny Usher.

Films screened include ,
GODASS (dir. Esther Bell) DV punk feature & recent CUFF winner (Best
Feature), and NYUFF winner (Best Feature),
KUNG FU JEW & SQUID INK SCROLL (dir Jon Fine/ Michael I Schiller),
HEAVY METAL PARKING LOT.Jeff Krulik/John Heyn's classic. Heschers in
1986!! mullets!

NY premieres :
-EDGE OF QUARREL (Dir. Dave Larson) Punk vs. sXe fist fest including
BOTCH, MURDER CITY DEVILS, and TRIAL
-OAKLAND UNDERGROUND (Michael Goorjian's/ Jesse Rivard) features IDIOT
FLESH & Bay Area Scenesters.
-DROPPING OUT (dir. Marc Osbourne) The directors cut premiere of the
Sundance hit.
-LEGO TRILOGY (dir.Rob Weychert) Hilarious and dark Lego Animations.
-BIG GIRLS: BIG BEAUTIFUL WOMEN IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY (dir. Sara
McCool)
(check www.lostfilmfest.com for full schedule or pick up a copy of NY
Independent film monitor)

Coming in the future for Lost Film Festival:
Event 5.0 in Philly (nov. 2000)
Sundance Invasion (Jan. 2001)
World Tour -Including US, Canada, Europe &else. (spring 2001)

*Press, sponsorship, or advertising please contact Scott BEibin at  215
662 0397 or 267 258 4195 scottb@bloodlink.com

NEW YORK - Sept. 18-20. At the Anthology Film Archives (2nd St & 2nd
Ave.)
TIX=$6 per program,
$20 for full pass (save $10).
Join us for afterparties, locations TBA.
Call 212 865 0164 for ticket information or purchase in advance through
Insound.com.

The Lost Film Fest website has full film descriptions, filmmaker contact
info and bios.  Most filmmakers will be there to introduce the films and
answer questions after the screenings. For more information on any Lost
Film fest activities, please refer to the website at
http://www.lostfilmfest.com or call 215 662 0397.  Please note that the
program is subject to change.

MONDAY, SEPT 18,4pm-6:30
program 1A
Ghetto Venue (15 m);
Dropping Out (75m)
Big Girls (25 m);
------------------------------
MONDAY, SEPT 18,  6:30pm-9pm
program 1B
Insound Program
Zack Exley & gwbush.com
Edge of Quarrel  (120m)
--------------------
TUESDAY, SEPT 19, 4pm-6:30
program 2a
Anarchy in LA (8 m);
Cowboy Tom (10 m);
Lego Trilogy  (13m)
Zapatista! (60 m);
Kung Fu Jew (30 m);
Squid Ink Scroll (20m);
------------------------
TUESDAY, SEPT 19, 6:30pm-9pm
program 2b
Breaking The Spell (60 m);
Godass (74 m)
-----------------
WEDNESDAY,SEPT 20, 4-6pm
program 3a
Piefight '69 (8m)
Heavy Metal Parking Lot  (15 m);
Oakland Underground (81 m)

The Digital Media Expo (http://www.nyfilmmonitor.com/digitalmediaexpo/)
consists of a series of very practical filmmaking workshops. They allow
filmmakers to share information in a comfortable environment,
encouraging cooperation. Panels and discussions include topics such as
web broadcast, distribution, advantages & disadvantages of film
festivals, skill sharing, raising money for productions, and more.

Staff from the Lost Film Festival will be on the panel at SLAMDANCE/
FILM-FEST DVD sponsored "Film Festival Snackdown" - a panel and free
brunch for filmmakers at  Two Boots Restaurant, (Avenue A and 3rd
Streets) Sunday, Sept. 17 at 11am. Free and Open to The Public, the
panel will include festival organizers from Slamdance, Lost Film
Festival, South-by-Southwest, New York Underground, Taos Talking
Pictures, Microcinefest, Maryland Film Festival, Cucalorus, AFI's new
documentary film festival, and more. The panel will be moderated by
FILM-FEST DVD's Editor-in-Chief John Bernstein, a festival circuit
veteran who is also a programmer for the AFI Film Festival and a
screener for the Sundance Film Festival.

Thanks to our sponsors: NY Independent Film Monitor, Film Festival
Reporter, Insound.com,Cashiers Du Cinemart, Bloodlink Motion Pictures,
31G, Maine Coast Sea Vegetables, RegenerationTV.com, I.M.D..

**The Lost Film & Music Fest is a Collectively Run Quarterly Festival:
We want to de-pants the Indie film world which we
feel is so mired in the uptight and snooty theater paradigm. Indie
filmmaking should be about stepping away from
Hollywood and destroying the non-inclusive and competitive attitudes
which have seeped into the art of filmmaking. The
Lost Film Collective believes that folks can create great films on a
shoestring budget. Nowadays with the rising popularity
of Digital Video, and the inevitability of broadband streaming on the
WORLD WIDE WEB, filmmaking is returning to the
hands of the people. We support most projects of the Do It Yourself
ideology. HOLLYWOOD CAN SUCK IT! REVOLUTION
THROUGH CELLULOID!

I've included the whole email for clarity and so that those who may want
to go may ahave an easy time finding it.  I've seen a few of these films
and many of them are really good(most notably Godass).  I also would
like to apologize if anyone finds the content of this message offensive
as my intent was only to inform.

-chris

        Fwd: LOST FILM FESTIVAL 4.02 in New York Sept 18-20
Read down through the films being shown.

Love ya,

M.