 General / 21877
Re: ItLUG wagon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 10:27:26 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ben Fleskes writes:
This is one of the finest examples of a box car I've seen yet.  There is an
approximately 1/6 stud offset on the side panels and sloped roof that gives an
amount of relieve that is really impressive.  I leave it to Gianluca to
elaborate on his building technique.  When I saw the ItLUG boxcar at the PNLTC
G2K event, I was truly impressed - and I'm not too easily impressed these • days.

Good Work Gianluca!

Ben Fleskes

Thanks a lot,Ben.
The offset is exactly 1/5 stud,that is the difference between height and lenght
of a 1x1x1 brick,but also the distance of a stud from the side of a 1xn brick.
(and it's the way the panels are offset inwards....they are put against the
studs of the 2nd row of studs in the base of the wagon)

Ciao
Gianluca