 General / 21399
Re: Instruction Scan Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 08:47:56 GMT

I always appreciate scanned Lego media..:-)

For the resolution, independent from the pixel size, I suggest using 100
dpi (while scanning) for and A5 (like Naboo Fighter set) and larger size
booklets and 100 or 150 dpi for A6 size (like Light Saber Duel set)
booklets. I suggest same for catalogs, but many people prefer 150 dpi
for them. Again, I suggest using JPEG compression, for a reasonable
download time, but not more than 75% for the sake of image quality. And
of course using "auto contrast", "color correction" and "Moiré
elimination (descreening)" are all suggested features while scanning, if
available.

For the suggestions from others about "TLC not being happy about
publishing instructions of sets still in production", I'm almost sure
that there is still no exact opinion expressed from TLC officially
(actually, Brad Justus slightly mentioned once upon a time that there is
no problem about that, if I got it correctly, but I'm not sure). This
limit is from Kevin Loch himself, and valid for Brickshelf collection.
So both expressions of "TLC will be upset about this" and "TLC will be
happy about this" are useless and empty sentences right now, for the
general public.

Thanks for the effort,

Selçuk

Xezol wrote:

I am starting to add Instruction Scans to my webpage:
http://xezol.hispeed.com

I have one up so far:
http://xezol.hispeed.com/7121/7121.html

Just hit the big Instructions Button.

My question is this:
Based on an average screen resolution of 800x600 do people want the scans to
be either screen size based (No scrolling) or 1 axis based. (Scrolling only on
one axis. This is the way that 7121 is).

I would greatly appreciate people's thoughts on this.

Anyway I of course can only scan in those sets that I own so expect to see
Ninja, Rock Raiders, and Star Wars to begin with with more added as I pick up
sets.

Thanks in advance,
Charles Adams
Best Lego Prices on the Web In One Easy Place:
http://xezol.hispeed.com/webdeals.html