 General / 21332
Re: End of week speculation?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 16:12:58 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gary Istok writes:

Well here's my "too good to be true" speculation......

They are going to allow us to buy any bricks/parts that the model shops
have access to, as well as some old discontinued parts.....   (light
blue bricks... 1x2x2 windows in black, gray, and green....  1x4x5
windows in yellow....  3x3 low slope corner bricks in gray(!!!), white
and yellow.... 2x2x3 steep slope corners in yellow, gray, black.....
the return of all classic windows, but in yellow, blue, black, gray).

Hmmm...'all the parts the model shop has access to' isn't all that much,
compared to our misconception of model shops.  In fact, model shop designers
are restricted to parts currently available (though in odd colors in obscene
quantities).  That's to show people that anything can be built from parts they
can BUY.  Legoland takes a different approach, because they're going for
realistic models/dioramas and they need odd elements.

Oh, I'm sorry, I was daydreaming....

Yes you were :)  And I wish that it were true too.  No, I wish it were all
mine, free. ;)

Gary Istok

-Tim