 General / 21136
Re: Weird, Small Bricks Found
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 13:51:31 GMT

Yes, Kevin is correct.  The "M" on some of the brick studs confirms this.

Gary Istok

Kevin Loch wrote:

In lugnet.general, Harold Poskanzer writes:
A while ago, my wife came across a small bag of LEGO pieces that are
unlike any others I've seen.  They're about 3/4 size compared to
regular bricks, and are in a variety of earth-tones: tan, brown,
white, mustard, deep red.  Most of them have the LEGO logo on the
pips, but some have instead a single "M".  In all other respects, they
look just like normal LEGO.

Since she found them in an abandoned desk at SRI International, I'm
tempted to suspect they're the result of a secret military
matter-shrinking experiment.  But I thought I'd check around to see if
there's another possibility before I call the Weekly World News.

Has anybody seen these before?

Thanks,
-H

Those are probably Modulex system bricks.  That was a special system, smaller
but otherwise identical to the standard system.  They came in a number of
unusual colors and were sold in the 60's.  They were for architects to design
scale models of buildings.  Someone had a bunch of them up on Ebay a year ago.

KL