 General / 20747
Re: Lego reacts on pirated pictures in Theme Gallery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 17:29:08 GMT

What is wrong with people today?  Especially the children...

As a child, I clearly remember being inspired by the models I saw
others build.  I might go on to copy it because I thought it was worth
having, but I never passed it off as my own.

I might build something similar and call it my own creation inspired
by what I saw.  Nothing wrong with that.

But never in a million years would I have tried to pass off
someone else's creation as my own.

Where the hell have morals, ethics, fair play and sportsmanship gone
in today's youth?

I rant about this, because I also just had a conversation about
cheating in online games by hacking the client-server stuff.

What is the point of this cheating?  What is the point of winning
through cheating?  What is wrong with many young people today?

I'm 34. I know I have these values.  I know those older than me have
these values.

When did our children stop learning these values!

Some days  I can't see anything but a Society on a downhill slide to
nowhere...

<ICS>