 General / 20702
20701  |  20703
Subject:
New newsgroup lugnet.sports for Football/Soccer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.sports, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 04:22:19 GMT

A new newsgroup lugnet.football has just been created.

Brad Justus of LEGO Direct said that Soccer (i.e., Football) is officialy not
part of the Town product line and that it's its own product line.  Going by
this and by the set numbers, it seems safe to call the newsgroup
lugnet.football rather than lugnet.town.football.

(Like lugnet.western, lugnet.football is based on the international or
European name of the product line.  "Soccer" is the U.S. name for what is
called "Football" everywhere else in the world.)

CHARTER/PURPOSE
===============

   lugnet.football (group):
      LEGO Football/Soccer: products (information, opinions, reviews,
      etc.); building (settings, contexts, characters, projects, models,
      layouts, plans, tools, tips, etc.); inspiration (ideas, movies,
      books, literature, magazines, music, historical events, etc., as
      they relate to Football/Soccer); etc.

TO SUBSCRIBE
============

To participate via NNTP (netnews), point your newsreader here:

or  news://lugnet.com:1119/lugnet.football
or  news://lugnet.com:8000/lugnet.football
or  news://lugnet.com:8080/lugnet.football

To participate via HTTP (web interface), point your web browser here:

   http://news.lugnet.com/football/

To subscribe via SMTP (e-mail), point your web browser here:

   http://news.lugnet.com/news/mail/sub/?lugnet.football

To register for posting to any LUGNET group (if you haven't yet done so),
point your web browser here:

   http://news.lugnet.com/news/post/setup/

--Todd