 General / 20593
    Can you a 5' credit card for me? —Betsy Foran-Owens
   For a promotional event that I will be doing in Northhampton, England the first week of September, I would like to have someone create and build a 5' wide credit card with a chip on it. I would provide you with a photo of the credit card and ask you (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Can you a 5' credit card for me? —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Assuming MC pays for the bricks, plus something extra, this might be a fun thing for a UK club to get together and do as a fund raiser. One question, would the bricks be returned to the builder(s)? Are you looking for only UK people to (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.build)

        Re: Can you a 5' credit card for me? —Lawrence Wilkes
   (...) A quick estimate shows a 5ft x3ft design would require around 6000 of the standard 4x2 stud lego bricks. Lego direct currently sells these at $6.99 a hundred, so you are looking at $840. However, Lego Direct is US only at present. So you could (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.build)

        Re: Can you a 5' credit card for me? —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) You have to ask? Lego is Cool. :-) I heard from Betsy off line and they have located a group to do it for them I believe. I can't share the details because I don't know if they're secret or not, but she promised me that stuff would be posted (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.build)

        Re: Can you a 5' credit card for me? —John Neal
      (...) Yikes! Looks like she works for MasterCard, whose colors are red, and <gulp> tan, and <bigger gulp> ORANGE! Where is anyone going to get enough orange to complete this project? -John (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.build)

         Re: Can you a 5' credit card for me? —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) tan, (...) complete (...) I'd say red and yellow are going to be close enough. (URL) does show the circles as red and orange though. One thing to remember is that not all mastercards are just the MC logo. One of mine is a big picture of (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.build)

        Re: Can you a 5' credit card for me? —Todd Lehman
   (...) Actually, LEGO Direct doesn't actually sell anything. LEGO Direct is TLC's "consumer-facing entity" online and offline. LEGO Shop At Home is the business that sells the bricks. (...) I think LEGO Direct may actually be more worldwide (at least (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.build, lugnet.lego.direct)

        Lego Direct vs S@H (was Re: Can you a 5' credit card for me?) —Jude Beaudin
   (...) Todd, I think you are fighting a loosing battle. The semantical problem created between LD and S@H is as a direct result of poor communication on behalf of LD and the infrequent posts here on Lugnet. This is furthered by a slow to react Lego (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: Lego Direct vs S@H (was Re: Can you a 5' credit card for me?) —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) I agree and further, I'd posit that it may not really matter in the large scheme of things that LD the division has S@H (LSAH) the org in its org chart but for branding reasons LD the brand is separate from S@H the brand. Who cares really? I (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: Lego Direct vs S@H (was Re: Can you a 5' credit card for me?) —Christopher Masi
      I would add to Larry's statement about life being much richer. LUGNET has enriched my life and LEGO's pockets. Being able to share ideas with like minded people (train heads in my case) has made my LEGO hobby a great deal more fun. Before finding (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

        (canceled) —Todd Lehman