 General / 20552
Re: BIG update on Bardiel website
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 20:38:12 GMT

Joel Kuester <septenemae@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Wow, thanks for finally posting pictures of you ship!  It really has come
along way since you updated last time!  Very nice shape.  Nice color and • sense
of detail.  I am not too fond of some of the detialing, as it seems a bit • much
and not specicially for a purpose, but that's probably just difference in
tastes

    I often choose form before function with my creations.I like to pop some
pieces on because I think they might look cool and then later think about
what they might do. I'm really going for a cluttered look with this ship but
I believe it will be balanced out in the end. I kind of envisioned a smooth
hull (although heavily patched up) that is broken here and there with detail
and technical stuff.

(you probably don't remember me, but I'm the guy who built the 7 foot
long ship called The BCS Elegance, we were talking a little about large • ships
a few months ago).

    I most certainly do remember you and I had that awesome ship bookmarked
untill my computer crashed. I also recall you saying you were gonna build an
even bigger one in the future.

This must be quite impressive in person!  I wish your photos had better
lighting (but it's good enough).  I know how hard it is to properly light
something this large!

    It is about 7 feet long and it is also very hard to photograph. I will
hopefully upgrade picture quality as the ship and site develop.

Have you tried adding starfield backgrounds to any of
the pictures?  That would look really cool.

    That is actually something I was planning on doing with a few of the
better pictures. I also considered one picture with a background of blue sky
and big white clouds because I thought it would be different to show this
fairly dark ship decending on a peaceful setting.

What is left to finish?  What level of interior detail is it going to • have?
Are you planning on keeping this together for a long time?

    I have to put in a ship docking area and a ground vehicle bay in the
front cylinder and an engineering section near the rear starboard area, and
some walls and airlocks on the cylinders and...and a lot of other stuff.
Heh. Hopefully when I'm done with the exterior I will be able to make the
interior look good. Oh and when I'm done the ship will probably stay built
for quite a while.

    Do you feel a
little burned-out on Lego yet?

     Good question but the answer is a confident no. : )  I usually do a lot
of work in short bursts every week or so but lately have been doing some
work everyday in my spare time.

    Thanks for the comments!

    -Jon

Well, that's all that popped into my head right now... but thanks again, • and
keep it up!

cheers!
Joel Kuester
http://minispy.tripod.com