 General / 20406
Re: Question on Samsonite gears sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 00:57:44 GMT

In lugnet.general, Alan Demlow writes:
Question #2:  since the gears don't have any axles with them, and in any
case Technic axles wouldn't work in them, may I assume they worked by
attaching them to the old wheels?  That's the impression the picture
linked to above gives.

This one I can answer - yes.  The old style wheels had studs on them, and
that's how you used them.  That plus 4x4 round turntables.  LEGO still makes
turntables, but the old ones were completely round, whereas the new ones now
have a square plate as their base.  (See <part:3403> + <part:3404>)

--
  David Schilling