 General / 2028
Re: TLG - Online Ordering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 17:48:35 GMT

Yes, you are correct... If you go to this URL,
http://www.lego.com/se/default.asp , there is an item for "Internet
Shopping." But all it does is assemble an on screen list for you. Internet
shopping for Legos would be great! My wife and I did the majority of our
Christmas shopping with major retailers such as eToys :), Eddie Baurer,
Land's End, etc.

But online Lego shopping would be sooo dangerous to my wallet! It's bad
enough that eToys had those 4.99 tubs for a while.... It's funny when you
think about the number of pieces you get from a tub on clearance (1200 @
4.99) versus a single roof service pack directly from lego (50+ for 5.50).
Ouch!

Bryan

Anders Isaksson wrote in message ...
I wrote...

There is (or was? haven't been looking lately) an 'alpha version' of an
on-line shop in the Swedish Lego pages (don't remember the URL, got there
from the main page http://www.lego.com some way or another - can't check
right now, isn't on-line while writing...), but it was extremely limited • at
the time I looked - just some small sets and some spare parts. Perhaps • they
are testing the idea?