 General / 19986
Re: Discussion of soccer sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 05:04:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jason Brown writes:
On Thu, 13 Jul 2000 15:15:04 GMT, "Jason Maxwell"
<jhmaxwell@earthlink.net> wrote:

I haven't actually gotten any sets yet.  I've got a whole stadium plan drawn
up though.  I've decided that for looks my German World Cup promo set makes a
better field than the current one (though I won't be able to play the game).
I'm going to need 12 of the large grandstands for each side of the field, 4
small grandstands for the ends of the fields with 1 of the turnstiles/camera
crew/medical sets at each end as well.  That's only going to run me $280.  8- • )

:) Wow.  I've just got one set of grandstands and the field (and the
America's Bus).  And yes I was evil and appllied the stickers (for
autenticity), of course I scanned the sheets first...  and I need to
get the black bus for a German team.  :)

I'm going to do the evil thing too and apply the stickers, to the advertising
boards, the players, AND the buses (well, maybe not the buses).

Then I'm buying the sideboards from the current field from a parts site, and
possibly the minifigs from the various buses as well.  Hopefully when I get
this done I'll have a complete stadium built up around the World Cup field
with 5 teams (I have enough friends that went to Saturday's Colorado Rapids
game to get a whole team worth of the figures they were handing out on LEGO
day).

Whoo!  Colorado Rapids!  :)  Not a soccer fan, but you mentioned the
"local" team.  :)

It's a "local" as you get for me as well, as it's the closest MLS team to
Bellingham, WA (OK, San Jose is probably a little closer, but the Rapids have
had two Seattleites playing for them).