 General / 19660
Re: Toolo 2 [action wheelers] available in Aus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 23:05:11 GMT

Yeah I saw this one last night, I was really impressed with the price on this
set. Thought that it was really cheap for the piece count.
Some of the components were fantastic, although I would worry about
the "chromed" pieces, experience has not proved this finish to be very
resiliant. Especially not in the hands of my 3 yr old!
After I saw this at Target I checked out GB's and DJ's, but no luck, are they
at Big W yet does anyone know?
Can't wait till xmas this year, these sets will be heaps of fun. I really dig
the face on the fig too, he was wearing a jacket with a "sheepskin" look
collar, had sunglasses on from recollection, looked totally different to the
classic smiley Duplo figs. Very cool! Hurrah!
Rachel :-)

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
I've just returned from Target in Box-Hill where I saw the first of the
Action wheelers. From what I saw, the sets appear compatible with toolo, so
for those who have toolo, these will provide more colour and parts to your
collection. One other difference is that these figures have a considerably
larger amount of printing on their faces than previous duplo figs have
[well, from what I remember of them]

The set I saw was 2909 which was a black and blue helicopter [as shown in
the teaser catalogue just under the description of the action wheelers] It
comes with about 15 (On the bottom of the box is a picture showing all the
parts included which I counted, and then as is usual for me, forgot) pieces
and was priced at $24.95 [GST price]

My opinion: looks like kids will love it, but BigW will be the place to get
it from.

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)