 General / 19298
RE: Aus 2000.2 catalogue scans
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 23:54:34 GMT

Sorry about not replying earlier...

The last time I checked the page [just after I submitted the pictures and
HTML] it was working OK.
At present, you can't reach either my trades page [not most recent, but near
complete...sort of]:
http://members.fortunecity.com/ben_whytcross/Trades.html
or the 2000.2 catalogue scan page:
http://members.fortunecity.com/ben_whytcross/2000_catalogue/2000_Catalogue.h
tml
from the main pages, as the main pages were submitted a couple of years ago,
before Kevin initiated brickshelf [or at the time kl.net] and were designed
to allow people to get scans of instructions I had by email. Unfortunately,
I haven't been able to find the time to update these pages, and if things
continue as they have been for the last couple of days [1] then I won't be
able to do anything before the weekend. [I hadn't touched the pages since
just after I submitted them, but with people still going to them instead of
KL.net/brickshelf, they were kept alive. I hope to redo them all this
weekend, all going well.][2]

[1] First, my fiancee decided that the lego would have to move from 1 room
to another on Monday night...problem was that it had to move that night
[there's only about 1/2->2/3 of my collection that was in need of the
move...the rest is still at my parents] and as she helped me, I'll need at
least 1 night to sort it out...which I was planning on doing tuesday night.
Tuesday night arrives...I leave work at 4:30 to catch the 5:28 train from
Spencer street. Board train at 5:10. about 6 everyone told to leave train,
and eventually they find a train for us that leaves at 7:05...night written
off.
Then last night, I assumed that because the train I was on was the first to
leave Flinders Street, it would also be the first to arrive at spencer
street. Unfortunately, it decided that sitting for 10 minutes without any
explanation was okay, so I ended up getting home late again.[ran to catch my
train which was leaving the platform as I got there. :( ] [and having to go
out shopping afterwards, I didn't have the energy to sort and unpack the
lego. But at least all the sorted lego paperwork, etc is in the bookshelf.]

[At least they now have some form of compensation for MET trains being over
5 minutes late [and V-Line 10 minutes], which I'm looking into [only free
tickets, I think. but better than nothing..especially if I can put the
equivalent amount into lego.] ]

[2] Does anyone have an interest in my scanning all the catalogues/other
papers/world-show books/etc. I have in my collection and either displaying
them on my site, or submitting them to brickshelf [or both]? [these include
Aussie full-range catalogues, 1 page catalogues, and medium in-box
catalogues] If there's any you're interested in, let me know, and I'll see
what I can do. [I'm intending to scan the 69 UK/Aus (?) 'full range'and the
1978 Full Range catalogues anyway, but if there's others that people want,
I'll see what I can do. [the list was published in loc.au in a posting with
subject: 'wanted: Lego catalogues']

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)