 General / 19009
Re: bulk ordering is here!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 23:47:13 GMT

I was confused about this as well.  I explicitly had the operator verify
that these trans thin walls are identical to those used in 4561.   These are
light blue trans-blue thin walls as opposed to the dark blue variety seen in
aquanaut and other sets.

I love these parts.  Prior to this offering, I did a trade deal with Tom
Stangl for 100 of these he had gotten by parting out many 4561 sets.  They
are now used to cover a 13 story sky-scraper (sorry - no pictures yet).

I just ordered another 150 of these plus a bunch of white bricks.  I'm going
to build a modern art museum.  The total bill was $95 including shipping.
This sounds like a lot, but in order to get that many bricks before, I would
have had to buy about 5 times that amount of stuff and THEN I would have had
to trade half of it to get sufficient quantities of the required bricks.

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Andy Lynch writes:
Thanks Brad!!!

For those of you that cannot see the server due to difficulties... Here • is
what I saw...  I added the per Item field, as I bet we all want to know
this.
Please don't quote me on the color or size of the Train windows... I am • not
a Train collector.

Just to clarify, these:

Train Window                         25    7.99  0.3196 ?Trans Light • Blue?

are *not* Train windows. They are thinwalls. It so happens that they were • used
in 4561. But then, 4561 is barely a train anyway.

This:
http://www.lugnet.com/cad/ldraw/parts/ref/images/4035.gif
and this:
http://www.lugnet.com/cad/ldraw/parts/ref/images/6556.gif

are train windows

I ain't complaining. We have a great source of train windows in the soccer
buses (although we need window glass too), and thinwalls like that are • GREAT
for modern buildings like shopfronts and skyscrapers and lots of other • uses,
but they're not Train windows. It's unfortunate that the web site calls • them
that.

++Lar